Dash diet handout gives proper guide on how to lower your blood pressure with big bonus on your fitness. This diet was originally meant for people struggling from high blood pressure. As you certainly have known, our daily meals have big effect to our health. Food does not only become the main source of energy for our body to do daily activities, but it also becomes source of our health. Consuming fatty food that’s high in sodium can cause increase on your blood pressure. Hypertension is strongly related to other diseases, such as stroke, heart attack, kidney problems, and such, which obviously gives you limitation to enjoying life to the fullest.
Understanding Dash Diet Handout
Dash diet gives solution for people struggling from hypertension. The name itself stands for “Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension.” Through this diet, you will learn to choose food low in sodium, which is dangerous for your blood pressure, and rich in potassium, magnessium, calcium and fiber. It makes the best nutrients that the body needs. Looking into Dash diet handout anyone would know that this diet provides complete nutrients to keep you healthy.
The basic rule of dash diet is to create synergy of nutrients contained in daily meals. Each food is carefully picked based on this rule. Of course, all the meals are those that can lower blood pressure, as it’s the main purpose of this diet. However, the complete nutrients of this low blood pressure diet has proven to give positive effects on those who don’t struggle from hypertension. In fact, dash diet can help to lower the risk of cancer, osteoporosis, and also diabetes.
Choices of Meals In Dash Diet Handout
- Isn’t it great that small changes on your daily meals can give big effect on your health? If lowering your blood pressure makes your next goal in life, then you should know which food that you must put into your plate. Learn about the guidelines of dash diet as it will help you to choose when you are shopping, cooking, dining out, or even snacking between meal time. The basic rules in choosing your groceries are included the followings:
- Lots of fruit and vegetables in various colors.
- Nonfat or low-fat dairy products.
- Whole grains that fill half of the plate.
- Lean meat, fish, or poultry.
- Healthy nuts, seeds, and dry beans.
Based on these rules, you can stick on your Dash diet handout and keep your blood pressure on the normal rate.